6 Things to Include in Your Baby Shower
As everyone waits for your precious newborn to make his or her appearance to the world, what better way to celebrate than to throw a baby shower? Having a baby shower is a great way to welcome and prepare for the new addition to your family. Whether someone close to you is planning your party or you are taking on the task yourself, here are six things to include to ensure your baby shower is a success.
1. Decorations - Baby shower decorations will vary depending on the event venue as well as the theme you choose. There’s no need to display a ton of decorations everywhere. Instead, place decorations where the main activities will take place, such as the cake table, or where you will open gifts.
You can hang a custom-made paper banner that has the baby’s name on it, or if the baby doesn’t have a name yet, a simple garland will work just as well. Accessorize the room by using paper pom-poms, balloons, and a cute welcome chalkboard sign for guests to see as they arrive.
Use table coverings that coordinate with your baby shower colors and accessorize with cute centerpieces that match your theme.
2. Food - When deciding what food to serve, take into account the time of day you will have your shower. If it’s early in the afternoon, you can serve brunch foods such as various pastries, fruit salad, and quiche. For mid-afternoon showers, serve your guests lunch items such as sandwiches and different finger foods.
To make planning even easier, hire a catering service who can help you create a customized menu. This will allow you to stress less and enjoy more time with your guests.
3. Games - Although games aren’t required, many people love to include them in their baby showers as a way to liven up the party and have more fun. Some favorite games include “Don’t Say the Word Baby,” “Dirty Diapers,” “Guess the Baby Food,” and “Guess the mom-to-be’s Belly Measurements.”
4. Crafts - Crafts are a fun way to get creative while making memorable keepsakes. You can decorate onesies and bibs with markers and puff paint. Alphabet blocks can be painted and used as nursery décor and then as toys as the baby grows. If you want a memento to keep that’ll remind you of all the guests who attended the shower, you can have them sign a piece of nursery art or guestbook.
5. Favors - Baby shower favors are a great way to say thank you for coming but can become expensive depending on the number of guests that are attending your party. Keep them simple by handing out homemade cookies, popcorn, or candy packaged in inexpensive cellophane bags and tied with a pretty ribbon. Many online sites let you customize the bags for a small cost to make the favors even more personal.
6. Cake - Where there’s a party, there’s usually cake- or at least some kind of dessert. You can make your cake in a variety of ways, so what flavors you choose is based on your personal preference. Use your shower theme as inspiration and go from there! If cupcakes are more your thing, then that’s okay too! Whatever you decide to serve as a tasty treat is up to you, so have fun with it!
A baby shower is a special occasion. If you’re looking for the perfect place to host your event, look no further than the Heathrow Legacy Club. Our venue offers multiple spaces to fit your needs, along with special event menus for either breakfast and brunch or lunch and dinner. For more information on how we can help you plan your perfect event, call us today at 407-562-0170 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.